Welcome to Erssie Knits

To see my new website, and find patterns to download and more go here to the Erssie Knits website
Pirate Gal Adult Version
I knitted this originally as a baby hat in Debbie Bliss Cotton Silk Aran (now discontinued) and designed it so that the skull on the back is in reverse colours. It was a pig to make, I cursed myself for knitting it in the round and said never again! However, I was requested to knit another one in Merino Aran (see my website) for a little boy and said that is definitely it , no more! The original is on sale on etsy, and although I have had no luck selling it, I have had quite a few people requesting an adult version. So this is it, the Pirate Gal Adult Hat. This is the last of this yarn. I have drawn up a chart of the design and written instructions on making an average women's size and knitted flat.


A download of the easier flat version of the pattern is coming soon for $3
Pattern will include colour photo and colour chart. If you just want the chart and can work out your own decreases at the crown and adjust size to fit, ask me for a FREE xl chart.


Here is the back of the hat showing the skull in reverse colours. This time I knitted the hat flat rather than in the round as I didn't want any yarn showing on the stripy side panels. Was it any easier? Yes, it was challenging for me when it came to seaming and this cotton silk Aran is not easy to work with as it splits and is very stiff but the results have been worth the effort. It is going off to Canada, and yes I do feel guilty about Erssie Knits travelling the globe and the aircraft fuel etc. However, I don't have babies making a nappy mountain and I don't own or drive a car, rarely travel from my home and only visit my family in NZ every 5yrs or more so my carbon footprint is still probably smaller than average. I also try to buy British yarns wherever possible although of course this cotton silk aran was probably imported for DB.

No comments: