Welcome to Erssie Knits

To see my new website, and find patterns to download and more go here to the Erssie Knits website
In the Pink.......................

I had a pressie in the post this a.m. It wasn't a surprise, in fact I bought this one for myself. do you recognise it?
You might have seen this hat in this months' Knitty.
It is a woollywormhead design. I have always loved the hex Hat in the crochet version but think it is far superior in the knitted version. Who in their right mind would think of knitting lots of hexagons with paired decreases and then sewing together to make one big Hex Hat? Exactly! Fantastic! Genius! I love it and it is the antidote to me losing my pink cabled hat to the Washing Machine Monster. so now, I have a new felted bowl and a new pink hat. Thanks Ruth! (apologies for poor photo, will try to get a better one in daylight)

The Quickest Scarf in the World

Just peeping out from the background of the Hex hat you can see a scarf I knocked up in about an hour or two. I combined Lana Grossa and Alpaca Silk and thought I was knitting on 8mm needles only to find out that without my glasses on I had accidentally picked up my 15mm. never mind, it is the quickest scarf I have ever made and it was made out of pure necessity. I even used some dropped garter stitch to make it really really quick and laddered. It is nothing special but it is functional and it is green!


1 comment:

hackneyknittingclub said...

Thought you might like to know that The Guardian are doing a one off craft guide this Saturday Feb 3rd, which includes advice and craft projects for dressmaking, soft furnishings, embroidery, knitting, felting, making and revamping furniture and accessories for the home, garden crafts, recycling and craft projects for children.

Knitting features include knitting fever, best knitting on the web, how to knit basics, knitty gritty & tips for the needle novice.

Well worth a look. Please pass it on!

http://www.myspace.com/hackneyknittingclub
hackneyknittingclub@hotmail.co.uk