Welcome to Erssie Knits

To see my new website, and find patterns to download and more go here to the Erssie Knits website



Several knitting adventures are going on at the moment. I have started doing a little bit of teaching, mainly one to one sessions with students in my own home.

OTN at the mo, I am swatching for accurate gauges for a project for the new mag Yarn Forward, can't say what but it is an EK classic. I have also just finished completing some seasonal things to be included in Simply Knitting which I'm very pleased about. I've got a demonic design brewing which should be in the next issue of the Anticraft, Coldharbour Working Wool Museum is donating the yarn for this project, you should go there if you like pure new wool of British origin from a mill that has been in operation for hundreds of years. they need support as well because they are unable to afford keeping the mill open to the public, see more about them on www.coldharbourmill.org.uk . Above is a photo of one of their chimneys and their shop:

One of my knitters is currently knitting up a new Erssie Knits design in sockwool and she will be helping with my demonic bag and knitting up one of my Pirate designs for a customer on etsy. I am still getting regular orders through etsy and even better, people are asking for comissions through this site without my having to advertise. In the pipeline, I am also trying to type up all the designs from my journal of last year into standard patterns available for download as I currently have about 35 orders plus for those backing up. Sorry to all those people waiting for patterns, you have been very patient and understanding of my unmentionable health problems. On average, an Erssie Knits pattern will be £2 per download which includes tips and full colour photos. It is about time that I tried to put together a collection for an Erssie Knits book, but I am having too much fun project hopping though!

There is also news that Hookorama (crochet sequel to Knitorama/Rachael Matthews) is out later this month. There are some Erssie Knits designs amongst the collection in this crochet book. At some point I think Complete Crochet should be out this Autumn so I will be well published this winter. all the more reason to get my own book together!



No comments: