Welcome to Erssie Knits

To see my new website, and find patterns to download and more go here to the Erssie Knits website
Here is a list of books I have read recently, most of which I enjoyed. I have put an * next to the really outstanding ones and a ** to an absooultely must read kind of book. I don't have time presently to do reviews, but am listing them here because they are going to a charity shop tomorrow. I will pop back and write up a little about each one when I can. There were many more books I did read, but can't remember or find them.


The Last Witchfinder James Morrow*

A Spot of Bother Mark Haddon
The Other Side of The Bridge Mary Lawson*
On Chesil Beach Ian McEwan

The Eye In The Door Pat Barker
Love In The Time of Cholera Gabriel Garcia-Marquez*
Random Acts of Heroic Love Danny Scheinmann
The Queen of Subtleties Suzannah Dunn
The Forgotten Garden Kate Morton*
Case Histories Kate Atkinson
His Illegal Self Peter Carey*

Engeleby Sebastian Faulks**
The Outcast Sadie Jones*
The Kite Runner Khaled Housseini**

A Thousand Splendid Suns Khaled Housseini*
The Road Cormac McCarthy*
Liars and Saints Maile meloy
Carry Me Down M J Hyland
The Island Victoria Hyslop**
The Steep Approach to Garbedale Iain Banks
The Weather Makers Tim Flannery
Mr Pip Lloyd Jones*
Strangeland Tracey Emin
The Road Home Rose Tremain**
The Resurrectionist James Bradley

The Dragons Tail Adam Williams**
I have just finished this. It starts like a classic Fleming spy story, then it switches to an epic like Wild Swans, and finished like Dickens. It is a wonderful story and despite the horrors, is strangely uplifting. I found myself sneaking downstairs to go to the loo on the middle of the night, and sitting there reading chapters because I couldn't put it down.

New Year's resolution, I must must must keep a complete list of everything I have read. How else will I remember what I did for most of the year? These characters are probably the most entertaining and revealing of anybody I met in the entire year....

No comments: