Welcome to Erssie Knits

To see my new website, and find patterns to download and more go here to the Erssie Knits website
The Anticraft
Lughnasadh



How rude of me. How remiss not to have mentioned the latest issue of the Anticraft. What am I getting like! My only excuse is that burying my head in my own massive list of designs to be completed, I am missing what is out there and not realising how fast it all moves by, hence the tendency for things to come and go without comment. Apologies. I suppose one of the reasons I am getting behind on crafty news on this blog, is that I know that I haven't gone around giving many people this address hoping to use it as more of a personal diary to look back on in years to come. So, basically, I am assuming nobody reads the blog, and I don't invite comments if they do, so sometimes I drag my feet when making a note of what I have seen and surfed.

Well, I just love the Painted Lady cropped sweater with built in mitts. Beautiful. And I also love all the other designs on the Blue Alavarez Designs website, you can find the knitting patterns here.

I especially like this this orange sweater and this shrug. I do wish I had a figure to show it off though. Sadly, I rarely knit for myself as the lines and tailoring I would prefer to wear just don't look good on me and I look so lumpy. Maybe that is because I am with all that scar tissue and thrombophlebitis I have more dips, craters and mountains than the Moon.
















I feel a collection of patterns in plus sizes coming on! Yeah I know, bigger sizes means more yarn and extra time and obviously more expense. I must make it my goal though to make knits that truly glamou
rise the fuller figure. Did anyone see Cape Wrath recently? The character Jezebel was so beautiful and glamourous, I would aspire to have her style, just look at her, she would look fantastic in some 50's inspired knitwear wouldn't she?




No comments: